How to Manage Effects of Domain Change?
There are numerous aspects which you need to care about when it comes to domain change. Here we have brought an article that will guide you through the process so that your business remains intact even when you change your domain and web hosting.
- Understand fine aspects of web hosting, domain name and search engine optimization. Most of the people who change their hosting and domain name go fine but there will be always risk that your website can dip in the Google search. Webmaster should know some essentials of SEO, 301 and onsite optimization. You will get amaze to know that same website with WWW and without WWW are different for Google, which can be handled through canonical tag.
- If possible, hire any SEO expert because this act will reduce chances of any failure. SEO mainly works on base of back-links and main challenge starts here because after changing domain you have to keep link juice intact.
- Link structure is really important. Suppose you have abcd.com/legitfox/web/hosting and you are changing it to abcd.com/web-hosting. Always keep your URL precise, which should be easy to remember. Google never prefers domain name that is lengthy.
- Structure of website: In websites, navigation is extremely important and it should be handled with extreme care. Structure of linking should be done properly whether it is with the help of sitemap or any other page.
- Always keep check on the Google Analytics: this is very crucial that webmaster should keep close eye on the reports of Analytics. If you find fluctuation then you should check where things are lacking.
These were some basic and must do things. For more information keep reading our blogs.